Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who is this, if not John Peter Zdrojewski, the young man?



This photo came to me directly from May Street, via Marilla.  It is similar to the one Paul Zadner sent me, and which is in an earlier post.  He thought that this was John Peter Zdrojewski.  But John, son of JPZ, says that it is not JPZ.  So, who is it?    There were a set of similar photos, perhaps taken at a studio, perhaps at high-school graduation time.

The date written in the lower right corner is "5-6-1921."




EDIT of 02/28/2019:  The phot above is of John Peter Zdrojewski.  The evidence for this confident conclusion is a wedding photograph labeled with names, which we examined and considered in the post Who is this Mystery Girl . . .

Since JPZ looks quite the same in the above portrait as he does in the name-labeled wedding portrait, we can conclude, in proper syllogistic fashion, that the wedding of JPZ and Julia Mostkowska took place in 1921.  

See how he knotted his tie, with the necessary out-pook just below the knot?  Absolutely classic!


Related post:  Who is this Beautiful Girl . . . 









2 comments:

Julie Zdrojewski said...

John Z writes thus:

"I'm finding it hard to believe that the two photographs of the young man are of my father. I'm sure it's someone else. But who?
John "

Julie Zdrojewski said...

"Who" is what Paul Zadner wrote when he sent me this photo. His guess was JPZ and I talked myself into it.

I'll keep a sharp lookout for photos of all 6 brothers.

And by the way, could people send in dates: years of birth and of death, for these brothers, and others?

Julie