Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Matynka Ancestors and Relatives: Suddenly the Family is Bigger

My maternal grandfather, Adam Matynka, was one of 8 children, and I never knew it.

Undoubtedly, my parents took me with them to weddings and funerals where these great-aunts and great-uncles would have been met.  But I was to small to remember more than impressions, while the particulars were never written down.

But now we have particulars in abundance, thanks to long-lost - indeed, never-known - cousin, Timothy Warchocki.  His pages at MyHeritage.com make clear the various branches of the family lineage, indicate dates, and are illustrated with photos, including some old ones from this blog.

I am grateful to Tim for making it possible for me to update part of the Matynka family page here.

"Auntie Stella," "Auntie Veronica," and "Uncle Tony" were for me names heard in childhood.  Now they are persons with places on the family tree.  Thank you, Tim.

Dziadzi Matynka had 7 brothers and sisters.

Clara and Adam Matynka,
at 554 Walden Avenue, Buffalo.
It looks like the 1950s.



Adam Matynka in his uniform
of municipal bus driver
in Buffalo.

No comments: