Monday, January 2, 2012

Mystery Photo with Relatives and also Lingerie

If you click on the link  Familiae personae Zdrojewski - see it up there at the top of the page, under the masthead? - you will find yourself at the second page of this blog:  a list of Zdrojewski family relationships.

I would like to make it look better, but I can't figure out how to make a computer draw a vertical line.

Nevertheless, you can tell from it that Ludwig and Victoria Zdrojewski had six sons.  Presumeably two of them are in this photo.  Who is sitting next to Ludwig?

And who is the youngster, mischief in his eye, reclining for the moment in front of his elders, in 1938?  Are those stockings what they called "cotton lisle"?  Did they come all the way up into shoulder straps?  Did that style of boy undies have a weird name?  Did all boys hate those undies with vicious hatred inexpressible?
I need to know.

"My Mama done told me
When I was in knee pants
My Mama done told me,
Son . . . "



Ahem.  Anyway, next to Grandma Victoria is a lady with silk stockings and lace collar and trim.  Who is she?


No comments: