Monday, June 11, 2012

Tom, the Lad - and Ray and Mary Lipinski

Poker game is going in Buffalo, 1949 or thereabouts:  Tom as a lad, CHM, Uncle Ray Lipinski, mystery little girl, Auntie Mary Lipinski, Gertrude Matynka.

[  EDIT: Mystery little girl must be Joanne Lipinski, daughter of Ray and Mary.  ]



This is my identification of Uncle Ray and Auntie Mary.  My memory of him is of a big and jolly giant who often had a cigar.  He was an electrician and handyman: he showed up one day in Marilla with a heavy piece of plate glass that fit my desk perfectly.  He did the wiring in the kitchen and in the bathroom where my Dad always shaved in the mornings.  Auntie Mary was petite, voluble, and cheerful.

Christmas!  CAMZ, Gertrude, Mary Lipinski, mystery little girl, CHM, Eugene Zdrojewski, Ray Lipinski.  Foreground: Adam, Tom, toy auto repair shop.


Elvis??!!    No, it is his contemporary, Tom.  A much nicer guy.

Tom and CHM admiring yet another mystery baby.

Two Claras and a mystery baby.

I love this school photo!  What a great kid!  And I love that rootin'-tootin' bowlegged cowboy on his shirt!


The early 1950s.  Check out the Stop-sign bolo tie.  It's wonderful.

Hard to believe, isn't it, that this darling, angelic lad would soon be showing his little nephew Martin Zdrojewski how to shoot arrows over the Marilla house?


1 comment:

Marty Biniasz said...

I am the grandson of Mary & Roman (Ray) Lipinski. It's wonderful to see their pictures on your blog. I'm always working on our family tree and would love to share notes. MBiniasz@aol.com. www.Biniasz.com