Saturday, February 4, 2012

Zdrojewski Identification Contest

If you obtain this post as email, please click on the link at the tippy bottom of the email message.  It will take you to the website.  Then you simply click on the word "Comments" at the bottom of the post, then type in the text box that then appears.  Thanks!

JPZ and who?  Where?
JFZ figures that the lady is Julia Mostkowska Zdrojewski.  See John's comment, below.



Would someone please write a caption for this?  Who's that by the mirror; he looks like Casey! but as JFZ points out, this grouping is all Kaminskis.    Cecelia is on the right with  son Paul and daughter Celine.  I bet the beautiful lady with a glass in one hand and Celine in the other is Celine's grandmother; Cecelia's mother.  Who are the others? The youth behind Cecelia looks like my son Andrew; the whole thing freaks me out. I like those wall sconces.  I like the party atmosphere.

Anthony Zdrojewski was the third son of Ludwig and Victoria.  These are his wife, Anna ("Auntie Anna") and one of their daughters, Mariane.

Tony and Anna had two daughters - who was the other one? - and a son Ray.

The dining room at 175 May Street.  Ludwig, Victoria, Uncle Frank smiling!,Celine, John Peter, Casey, Eleanor with Electronics Johnny, little boy Paul, Cecelia, Aunt Julia??.  Next, the lady in the darker dress, seated at the corner, and : gent seated at the front end of the table: Eleanor's parents, Joseph and Louise Kotwas.  See JFZ's Comment, below.
  I remember so many details of that house, such as the gigantic padded rocker in the kitchen.  Check out the terrific telephone.  John, did you tell me once that your Dad phoned you at college every Friday night at 8pm?  Or am I making that up?

Identify these people and win a prize!  Fur coats and shoes.  The shoes are coming back in style, aren't they; but the fur has to be fake in the US in order to be correct.

4 comments:

jzdro said...

regarding:

photograph 1: the woman with my father, John Peter, must be his first wife, Julia Mostkowski Zdrojewski. Keep in mind that in formal Polish , meaning, as used in Poland, the woman's surname, assuming one with the masculine suffix -ski, would be -ska.

photograph 2: although the young man in the rear here looks like Casimer J. (Casey), second son of JPZ, he would be out of place, all alone, in this apparent photograph of the Kaminski family, the family of Paul's mother.

photograph 3: so happy to see Aunt Anna smiling. She and Uncle Tony had a large family and were not well off. Their youngest daughter, Angeline (Lulu), baby sat me at times. I still remember her. Aunt Anna was very kind to me. Regrettably, those cousins are seemingly out of reach. But I believe, one of them ,Danny, came to Eugene's(EJZ) wake. I think that Paul or Joey may have had some connections with them in the not so recent past.

photograph 4: the man on Victoria's left (right in the picture) is Uncle Frank, not Uncle Joe. The youngsters are Celine and Paul,children of Casimer (JPZ's brother) and Celia. It is he who likely was the photographer. The couple in the foreground are Joseph and Louise Kotwas, Eleanor's parents and my maternal grandparents. . Remember them from the picture at Casey's graduation from St. John Kanty Preparatory? Louise was the kindest person I have ever known. And look at handsome Casey, so happy probably because he's got a new younger brother, "electronics Johnny"! Do the readers know how this only recently used appellation originated?
My father would probably have liked to check on me every Friday night in college at 8 PM but there wasn't a number to call. The dormitory rooms had no phones. Instead I used a pay phone (remember those?) to call home every Sunday morning -- 35 cents for three minutes.

photograph 5: I don't have a clue.

Julie Zdrojewski said...

Well thanks, Valued Uncle! You win the prize: a lovely big bulb of Argyle garlic. I'll set it right on the counter and you can come pick it up any time, as long as you stay longer than you stayed the last time you were here.

My friend Laurie Harvey has pointed out that the two ladies in the final photo are obviously related. Her suggestion is that I "follow the noses" to the solution of the mystery of their identity. Okay, let's stay tuned here.

jzdro said...

I noticed picture three is labeled 1947. Only a small point, but it was likely 1948. I was born two days before the end of 1947 and probably didn't make it home from the hospital until the following year.
John (JFZ)

jzdro said...

regarding photograph three: Uncle Tony and Aunt Anna had multiple daughters and two sons, if I remember correctly, Ray and ? Danny.