Monday, April 30, 2012

Janek and Julia and Eugeniusz and Casimir

These two are the same lady, posed and photographed by the same photographer:



The face, features, and expression are the same, to my eyes.  As for the other changes, I could easily see them as the work of time and placek.  I mean no disrespect to my Grandma, here; au contraire, I fantasize about having conversations with this grandmother I never met in which we confide and laugh about many subjects.  But to go on . . .


Here she is again.  I think.



My current skill set allows us to zoom in this much:


Shape of face, nose, and mouth encourage me to run with this some more.  Let's say these are Julia, Victoria, Ludwig, Frank, and the young Casimir.  Why not?  Gene is at Orchard Lake and Casey basks as the only child at home.  Here he is a little closer in:


Surely this is the same cute kid, with the same cute ears and all, a couple of years later:



Gene and Casey on the front porch. The college man and the young teen. This is May Street in Buffalo, right?

If we accept this chain of evidence we no longer need feel we must search NYC for long-lost relatives.  We can still wonder quite entertainingly what-all Frank did on those trips to the City, besides take pictures.





No comments: