Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Johnny" Update

JFZ writes clarification of the previous post.: "The two other kids are my Auburn Kotwas cousins, Dick on left and Ken on the right."


"I think the man of the couple with my mother and me was my father's cousin of sorts. We met in Niagara Falls, Ontario. They were apparently mid-20th century immigrants from Poland and had to immigrate to Canada because of post-WWI marked immigration curtailment of people from eastern (and southern) Europe. Apparently they were anxious about coming to the US to meet for reasons not self evident to me. The reason I'm aware of this is that years later, when I was older and more savvy my father and I once again met them at the same location."

So the lady is not a relative of Eleanor.  Still, nice dress.



Julie


No comments: