Saturday, August 11, 2012

Johnny

I really need to fill out those insurance forms.  But there's other stuff on my desk!


Hell with it.

Not gonna make it to the Dalmatian Coast this year anyway, so I may as well take a virtual tour in time and space.


John Francis Zdrojewski was born in 1947.  Don't believe me?  Check it out at Familiae Personae Zdrojewski.

Neat how at Christmas we mix the Christian and the pagan elements together.  We have Saint Nicholas, and the Manger; we have Odin or Robin Goodfellow, precursors of the Saint, as well as evergreen trees and wreaths.  As individuals we are not atomized or isolated: we are  inheritors of history.

Nice wallpaper, too.

What's that on the mantel?


Święty Mikołaj!


So, John, you figure you're one year old, or two?  Is this 1948, or 1949?  Donna, what's your judgment?





"My Daddy likes Buster Keaton, and so do I !!"



Are these rivets?  Snaps?


Wow!  Santa Claus did come!  Looks familiar, too.  Can you imagine Clara gluing those cotton strips onto Gene's eyebrows?


Who knew Santa Claus had such a handsome nose?  And check out how he's got a good hold on his little bro; not letting him go.  Johnny's tie is terrific.  John, do you still have it?  Take a look around.  It might turn up!

And their hands.  Hand to hand; brother to brother.  What is in that little box? What?  What?


Who are these two other kids?


Who are the mystery lady and gent, first and second from the left?  The lady looks like Eleanor, who is there with Johnny.


Never in my life have I fashioned an article of clothing; - even in 7th grade Home Ec, my friends did all the thinking for me - nevertheless I did imbibe some tailoring terms while growing up.  Here in this collarless dress we have:  cap sleeves, black piping, contrasting buttonholing, appliqué, and a double row of rickrack.  How'd I do, Donna?

Whoops - when I click to enlarge, I see four rows of rickrack, two dark and two light.


Happy picnic to all, and to all a good weekend.

Julie







No comments: