Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Clara and Pearl Haremska

This photo was just part of the landscape in the Marilla house; it was just there.  My parents told me that these were my Aunt Pearl and my grandmother Matynka.


Those would be the two daughters of Haremski/Zientarska, immortalized in the Haremski Iconograph:

Pearl was the elder, if I remember correctly.  So the younger infant is Clara Haremska.  The buildings could easily be part of the farm in the Iconograph.


So this photo that I've been casually shifting about is 106 years old.

So the Haremski-Zientarska marriage took place around 1900.  Where?  Poland or America?  When did they come to America?  I would happily delegate the search of the Ellis Island records to somebody else right now; there is a trove of artifacts to go through here at HQ of the Coot Hill Family Historical Preservation Society. Crowdsourcing: let's go!

Julie


No comments: