Thursday, May 3, 2012

Matynka - Haremski

Please see the page Familiae Personae Matynka for a listing of the family relationships on the Matynka side. Looking at the family tree from my own point of view, this includes my and Marty's mother, Clara Adamina Matynka Zdrojewska, and her siblings, parents, and grandparents.

Of her maternal grandparents, the parents of Clara's mother Clara, we know that they were born in Poland.  We know that his name was Haremski and hers Zientarska.

We have been told that the Zientarska was . . . a forceful personality.

And we have one photo.


Great pose, hey?  No pitchfork necessary.

Don't ask me where this was taken.  Mom and her family lived in a little town in southern Erie County at one point.  Perhaps her maternal grandparents did also.  I've no idea; it just looks like an old farm. Looks like the 1930s, doesn't it?

I like the cigar, the suspenders, her hand on his shoulder. I like her split-front dress and her brooch and her cotton stockings with open-toed pumps.  I like the shadows on the lawn, of her elbow and the photographer.

But it freaks me out to look at their hands.  Both of them have broad hands with short, stout fingers.  I have hands like that.  Human hand phenotype is highly heritable; the long tapering fingers of European aristocrats having long been remarked upon.  Well, I'm an American, so I care not a whit whether my hands are aristocratic or peasant-like.  Ha ha ha.


I "enhanced" Busi Zientarska Haremska's face in IPhoto.  It made her look so much scarier that I almost fell out of my chair.





A cameo.  If anyone finds this cameo or this pendant in a drawer somewhere, please photograph it and send the file up.  All right?


I wonder how old they are in this picture.  They look vital and healthy no matter what their age.  That bodes well for their descendants.  Check out your hands to see if you've got the mojo.

Julie


No comments: